[Mailman-Users] what's wrong with my list?

David Herren david at idiomatrix.com
Tue Feb 20 17:07:26 CET 2001

I have successfully (I believe) configured Mailman--I'm able to get to
the web pages for configuration, the list correctly sent out all the new
subscriber notes. I'm running this list on a MacOSX Server box (and I
run another mailman list on another macOSX Server machine for another
client quite successfully), so I know I _can_ do this....

When I attempt to send a message to the list (from the subscribed
account) I get the following error:

The original message was received at Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:01:36 -0500
(EST)
from cc-email.champlain.edu [198.112.65.251]

"|/Local/Library/WebServer/mailman/mail/wrapper post webthugs"
    (expanded from: <webthugs at io.champlain.edu>)

Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 105, GOT gid 1.  (Reconfigure to take
1?)
554 "|/Local/Library/WebServer/mailman/mail/wrapper post webthugs"...
unknown mailer error 2

Please reply directly as I get this list a digest and I need to get this
thing working asap... thanks.

\david

--
david herren   |  In an Internet without walls,
shoreham, vt   |  who needs Windows and Gates?