[Mailman-Users] two problems

chris hopkins hotturu at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 20 17:34:00 CET 2001

Hi,
My first question is that, after I set up mailman and
my testing list, I sent a mail to
testing-request at my.host.name. Then I saw this error:
Mailman mail-wrapper: Failure to exec script. WANTED
gid 6, GOT gid 1. (Reconfigure to take 1?)
It looks that the default gid (other) with number 1 is
being tried. I then reconfigured mailman with
--with-mail-gid=mail ( gid of mail is 6).
However, I got the same error again. Tried a different
gid (nogroup), but same error again. What am i
missing?

Second problem is regarding to apache, how is it told
apache to note user directories as: http://host/user
rather than http://host/~user? Not doing this
introduces a problem that  www.myhost.com/mailman is
not opened by the server.