[Mailman-Users] Archives without the archives?

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed Jan 10 23:13:39 CET 2001

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001 00:58:01 -0500
Bob Puff @ NLE <bob at nleaudio.com> wrote:

> Re-posting this one, as I didn't see anyone pick up on it.  I've
> got a list in which I don't want even the private archives, but I
> do want all messages posted to get added to the mbox file (only),
> so that I -could- build up archives at a later date if needed.  Is
> this directly or indirectly possible?  If it takes mods, where
> would I look?

The simple route would be to use an external archiver which builds
the mboxes as you wish (I do this pointing to a procmail recipe
which builds MH folders).  Another approach would be to use
Mailman's archiving but to edit the archives mention out of the list
HTML, and then set up Apache to dissallow access (404) to the
directories the archives for that list are in.

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu