[Mailman-Users] Per-list confirm and passwordless unsub

Gergely Soros soros_gergely at nextra.hu
Wed Jan 10 23:56:31 CET 2001

Thanks for this great piece of software, we are happy users of Mailman.

If there is a wishlist for Mailman, I'd like to add two requests to it:

Per-list subscribe confirm messages similar to the welcome message.
By the way, it'd be nice to be able to edit the whole welcome message,
not just a portion of it.

Option to configure the list to allow passwordless unsubscription.
We have some lists with users having problems unsubscribing and
keeping a note of  multiple passwords when they are subbed to
several lists. They don't seem to understand the instructions no
matter how clearly we try to word these. It's a constant pain for
list admins to deal with each of these users personally.
This is being an urgent issue, so maybe someone can show me the
right directions for patching Mailman 2.0. We have a separate
domain for the lists on a modified Redhat 6.2 system with Sendmail.
My idea is creating an alias, e.g. listname-off at domain.com that will
call a Python script to remove the email address specified in the
From: header of the mail. The problem is that I'm completely new
to Python and don't have the few days now to learn it.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Gergely Soros