[Mailman-Users] Per-list confirm and passwordless unsub

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at West.Sun.COM
Thu Jan 11 03:07:46 CET 2001

> From: "Gergely Soros" <soros_gergely at nextra.hu>
> To: <mailman-users at python.org>
> Subject: [Mailman-Users] Per-list confirm and passwordless unsub
> Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 23:56:31 +0100
>
> Thanks for this great piece of software, we are happy users of Mailman.
>
> If there is a wishlist for Mailman, I'd like to add two requests to it:
>
> Per-list subscribe confirm messages similar to the welcome message.
> By the way, it'd be nice to be able to edit the whole welcome message,
> not just a portion of it.

1) you can have this today with a patch of mine on Sourceforge.
2) it's almost-certainly coming in 2.1 with I18N support.

> Option to configure the list to allow passwordless unsubscription.

> My idea is creating an alias, e.g. listname-off at domain.com that will
> call a Python script to remove the email address specified in the
> From: header of the mail. The problem is that I'm completely new
> to Python and don't have the few days now to learn it.

You don't need a Python script; just take the email to listname-off
and format up another email: