[Mailman-Users] Per-list confirm and passwordless unsub

Bob Puff @ NLE bob at nleaudio.com
Thu Jan 11 22:34:18 CET 2001

Hi Dan,

Ok, now can you show us an example of a simple script to do this?  I think
the key here is retrieving the password from the database.

The other thing I was thinking about is this: instead of Mailman mailing you
back a "bd syntax" message when you only give it an unsubscribe command, how
about it mailing you an email with the subject like "unsubscribe <password>
<list>" - already built, so the user can simply reply to the message to
confirm unsubscription.  This gives the security of the verification, and
the ease.  It also looks a lot like the initial subscription confirmation,
making that a bit more "logical".

Bob