[Mailman-Users] RFC List Headers vs Windows Eudora

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Tue Jan 16 21:25:53 CET 2001

There was a discussion in December about the RFC ... mailing list headers,
and the fact that the current Eudora shows them by default.  The solution
is trivial for (recent) Mac Eudora versions (however, it probably isn't for
the 1.x versions some folks still use).

However, for Windows, there was just a seeming conclusion that it is
necessary to edit Eudora.ini, but no details on what to put there.  Or at
least not that I found in the mailman-users archives.  [We certainly aren't
going to recommend reverting to Lookout Express, until Microsoft figures
out that executing anything that remotely resembles an executable is a Bad
Thing.]

Is there a recipe somewhere?  Or a better solution?  (No, we aren't going
to disable the headers, but our lists do have some Win Eudora users, most
of whom won't buy the *right* answer (switch to Mac Eudora) ;-)).  (One
might hope for a solution based on the <x-eudora-option: ...> mechanism or
a plugin.  I didn't have any luck at the www.eudora.com site just now.

Thanks.  --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA