[Mailman-Users] nothing returned from posts.

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.co.uk
Thu Jan 18 17:21:45 CET 2001

mabran3 at ronco.netlab.uky.edu said:
> i'm using exim as my MTA.  when i post to a list, i get nothing in
> trurn, no error, nothing.  the sending completes, then the machine
> later complains...

> 2001-01-18 04:32:56 14JBRA-0005DQ-00 <= mabran3 at ronco.netlab.uky.edu
> U=mabran3 P=local S=506 id=20010118043256.A20046 at ronco.netlab.uky.edu
> 2001-01-18 04:32:57 14JBRA-0005DQ-00 Neither the system_aliases
> director nor the address_pipe transport set a uid for local delivery
> of |/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper post miketest-admin

That means it cannot run the pipe command because there is no uid/gid
associated with your aliases director.

See
  http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.20/doc/html/spec_20.html#SEC595

However you will do better going to
  http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman.html

and reconfiguring exim that way, whilst removing all the mailman
references from your aliases files.

	Nigel.