[Mailman-Users] RFCs ... (mailman+mailer) ...

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Tue Jan 30 17:43:03 CET 2001

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 02:38:29AM +0000, CJoe wrote:
> i.e.  sending the message with distribution list to a server
> and   "exploding"  the  contents  due to some routing tables
> arrangement, saving much bandwidth and cpu time, etc. ...

Mailman does it the smart way.

> (b)  also, i would like to know of any "good combination" of
> a mailer (other than sendmail) and mailman ...

I run Mailman with exim and it seems to work well, although my largest list
is only ~250 members.  I can't comment on how well it scales to truly large
lists.

> (c)  if  which  (if any) linux or bsd distribution is stable
> for large emailing lists.

I run Mailman on a Debian system, but, again, I only deal in relatively small
lists.  I doubt that you'd have any OS-related difficulties, though.  Your
MTA is far more likely than your OS to cause problems.

--
SGI products are used to create the 'Bugs' that entertain us in theatres
and at home. - SGI job posting