[Mailman-Users] send no password supported ?

Dan Mick dmick at utopia.west.sun.com
Wed Jan 31 03:28:36 CET 2001

> Dan Mick wrote:
> >
> >          -------------------------
> >         | Email My Password To Me |
> >          -------------------------
> >
> > That pretty clearly looks like that feature to me.
>
> Well, it looks like another language problem.
> (I am working on traslating into japanese.)
>
> The welcome mail says:
>
> > If you forget your password, don't worry, you will receive a monthly
> > reminder telling you what all your %(host_name)s mailing list passwords
> > are, and how to unsubscribe or change your options.  There is also a
> > button on your options page that will email your current password to
> > you.
>
> So, it is a duplicate statement.

No; the monthly reminder is automatic (and can be disabled for the
whole list by the list admin).  The "get my password right now"
is available to anyone at any time, but they have to go to the web
page to make it happen.

> This sounds like the page has another option like,
>
>   Mail your password monthly:
>   [x] ON [ ] OFF

Well, there are two different features, but the "have your password mailed
to you" refers to the "button on your options page".

Monthly reminders are different.