[Mailman-Users] Admin utilities available via web?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Jul 5 08:50:24 CEST 2001

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 05:50:14PM -0400, Forrest Aldrich wrote:
> Can we not log in and _create_ lists through the www interface?   As it
> stands now, I believe you do a newlist (command line) and then edit the
> stuff via www (if you choose).
> Obviously, creating lists via www is a potential security problem, but it
> can be restricted.
> Or did I miss something in the docs?
> _F

You have to be able to edit your MTA's aliases file, and letting this
be done via a web interface is a HUGE security risk.  Plus, you'd have
to build in support for all the major MTAs.

(example - with Postfix, its best to keep TWO aliases files, both referenced
 in the mail config file - one for "normal" aliases, and one for
 the Mailman lists..)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford