[Mailman-Users] Re: Mailman & Sendmail problems

Norbert Bollow nb at thinkcoach.com
Tue Jul 10 09:22:19 CEST 2001

> I've thought about both of these and (so far) rejected them because of
> the additional complexity for not much gain.  A busy Mailman site will
> gain nothing if there will always be files in the directory the next
> time the runner looks.  For a completely idle site, the 1-second sleep
> busy loop seems to impose very little overhead and should be
> responsive enough to new incoming mail that it shouldn't matter.
>
> But this isn't set in stone, so if during the alpha-beta cycle we find
> that the sleep-busy loop is too expensive, I'll probably adopt the
> biff/innd approach.

I make an entirely seperate Mailman installation for every
customer.  This allows patching Mailman for any customer
according to their specific needs without risking to break
anything for the other customers.  Is it really a good idea to
have *many* mailmans all doing a sleep-busy loop?

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Norbert Bollow, Weidlistr.18, CH-8624 Gruet  (near Zurich, Switzerland)
Your own domain with all your Mailman lists: $15/month http://cisto.com
Tel +41 1 972 20 59      Fax +41 1 972 20 69      nb at freedevelopers.net