[Mailman-Users] Re: Mailman & Sendmail problems

Norbert Bollow nb at thinkcoach.com
Tue Jul 10 19:58:54 CEST 2001

> On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:22:19 +0200
> Norbert Bollow <nb at thinkcoach.com> wrote:
>
> > I make an entirely seperate Mailman installation for every
> > customer.  This allows patching Mailman for any customer according
> > to their specific needs without risking to break anything for the
> > other customers.  Is it really a good idea to have *many* mailmans
> > all doing a sleep-busy loop?
>
> I presume all your Mailman installations share a common
> UID/GID?

No - different UIDs and differend GIDs.  None of the mailman
installations has access rights to other users' data.  (Call me
paranoid on security matters if you wish - some of my customers
appreciate it :)

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Norbert Bollow, Weidlistr.18, CH-8624 Gruet  (near Zurich, Switzerland)
Your own domain with all your Mailman lists: $15/month http://cisto.com
Tel +41 1 972 20 59      Fax +41 1 972 20 69      nb at freedevelopers.net