[Mailman-Users] Re: Mailman-Users digest, Vol 1 #1317 - 19 msgs

Amanda arandall at auntminnie.com
Tue Jul 10 22:03:40 CEST 2001

Somewhere back there, Barry said something like:

> > I've been thinking about changing the default
> > $prefix to be /usr/local/mailman in MM2.1.  It makes much more sense
> > to me and is in fact, what I use for all my new lists these days.  You
> > would, of course, be able to give configure --prefix=/home/mailman to
> > get the MM2.0 default.
> >
> > Would that cause undo hardship to folks?

Nope. Heck, it doesn't make any difference to me where the default directory is. Apache's default is under /usr/local, and a number of my (personally written make-life-easier) utilities are in various other subdirectories in that location. qmail, OTOH, is way over yonder it /var, and still other programs use other places as their
defaults, and in each case the programmer(s) decided that that place was "THE right place." I'm easy. And I haven't lost a piece of software yet. (Not since I lost my first downloaded file, lo these many years ago...)

=)
Amanda