[Mailman-Users] i18n (internationalization)

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Wed Jul 11 07:04:57 CEST 2001

    UB> Under the previous system I had the Majordomo 'help' file and
    UB> the text presented in the digests and digest web interface
    UB> translated into Dutch, German and Danish, and would like to be
    UB> able to provide a similar level of service to the users on
    UB> these lists under Mailman.

    UB> 	Has anyone out there done part or whole translations
    UB> of Mailman or/and Pipermail ?  Has any work been done on
    UB> multi-lingual string handling ?  I do have a number of members
    UB> who would be willing to assist in translations of strings to
    UB> other languages, if it were possible to implement.

Mailman 2.1 will be fully multi-lingual.  At the moment, Spanish is
the most completely supported language other than English.  Lots of
folks are working on translations over in the mailman-i18n at python.org,
but I haven't received any other catalogs or templates that are ready
to be committed to cvs.

I plan on releasing Mailman 2.1 alpha 2 tomorrow, at which point I'll
begin to seriously stress test it with real list traffic.  2.1a2 will
have a ton of new features, but there are still more to be added,
which is why it'll remain in alpha for a little while longer.

Please contact the folks over at the mailman-i18n sig to help with the
translations.

Cheers,
-Barry