[Mailman-Users] Multiple domain matters

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at Intechnology.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 10:43:21 CEST 2001

On 12 Jul 2001 20:41:10 -0500, J. Frederick Ball OEF wrote:
> Well, I posted about three different questions to the list about how to get
> the multiple domain thing happening on my system, which elicited varied and
> interesting comments -- mostly suggestions to either run multiple copies of
> Mailman or to give in and use a single domain for all lists.

How you do this depends on what your requirements are...

If you want domains for appearences sake, and
  - don't need *different* lists with the same name in different
    domains
  - don't mind that you can send to listname at foo.dom instead of
    listname at bar.dom (where both foo & bar are list handling domains
    on that box

In this case you can just use whatever MTA magic is appropriate, and use
the Mailman prefered host settings.

	Nigel.