[Mailman-Users] problem in replybot.py

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Fri Jul 13 18:00:16 CEST 2001

    MM> How do I find which list it comes from or further debug this?

Someone's got a bogus autoreply text.  The syslog() calls in
HandlerAPI.py should include the name of the list that got the
uncaught exception.  You can add this by going to HandlerAPI.py and
changing

    syslog('error', 'Delivery exception: %s' % e)

    syslog('error', 'Uncaught exception on list: %s' % mlist.internal_name())
    syslog('error', 'Delivery exception: %s' % e)

Then check the autoreply texts for bogus %()s style interpolation
formats in the string.

I'll make sure MM2.1 is more robust here.

-Barry

P.S. I'd like to know what that string was...