[Mailman-Users] 2.1a2 trouble

J.D. Bronson lists at xpec.com
Sun Jul 15 03:25:49 CEST 2001

I installed this under solaris 8.

It built fine and I created ONE test list (yes production list!)...

I started as directed:

/bin/mailmanctl start

..it worked very well....started all the queue runners....until I rebooted.

I have nothing in init.d for any auto-starting of this yet...
Manually try to start and here is what happens:

$ bin/mailmanctl start
$ Another qrunner is already running, exiting.

..now, nothing I mean nothing shows up in ANY LOG file on the system anywhere.
(including mailman/logs)

and a ps-aux does indeed show that it is NOT running.

There is NO cron entries that would do anything else, but gate-news...and
even killing cron and trying this has no effect.

This was a FRESH install. Not an upgrade, so there was nothing in cron or
anything left over.

Help?????

--
J.D. Bronson