[Mailman-Users] Prepping for MM2.1

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Sun Jul 15 18:27:51 CEST 2001

At 15:29 -0400 7/14/01, Scott Brown wrote:
>I'd like to prep my server now for installing MM2.1 when it is considered
>stable...
>
>It's currently running Python 1.5.2 - but of course, I'll need 2.0 or better
>for MM2.1.   IF I install Python 2.x right now, will I have to recompile the
>MM 2.0.x that I'm currently running?

Python 2.1.1--a bug fix release of Python 2.1--is due July 20 (barring
"emergencies"); a candidate came out on the 13th.  My guess is you should
wait for that release...and wait a few days for any issues regarding that
version with respect to your server's system to surface (there likely won't
be any).

If you have a spare server which matches your production one, you could try
Python 2.1.1c1 on that...perhaps you would end up generating an "emergency"
which has to be dealt with prior to 2.1.1's release.

   --John

--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA