[Mailman-Users] Installing Mailman 2.1 on Web Host

Jim Herrmann b3d at kc.rr.com
Sun Jul 15 22:56:17 CEST 2001

Our web hosting company provides Mailman 2.0.1, but says they are no
longer supporting it because it's buggy and causes problems.  I
suggested that they get current on their release, but they said I need
to install a third party mailing list application.

Here's my question.  What kind of difficulties will we encounter, and
how much cooperation will we need from the hosting company, to install
version 2.1.a1 in our own space, while version 2.0.1 is running on the
same server?  We have a full user account including ssh access.  Perhaps
there is someone out there who has done this before, and can enlighten
us.

Thanks in advance,
Jim Herrmann