[Mailman-Users] FINAL SYSTEM SETUP...cjk

Michelle Murrain michelle at murrain.net
Wed Jul 18 16:56:40 CEST 2001

At 2:23 PM +0300 7/18/01, Constantine Koulis wrote:
>I did all the steps of the installation and i am at the FINAL SYSTEM
>SETUP step.
>It says the following:
>
>Configure your web server to give $prefix/cgi-bin permission to run
>CGI scripts. You probably need to be root to do this.
>The line you should add might look something like one of the
>following (with the real absolute directory substituted for $prefix,
>of course), depending on your web server:
>
>ScriptAlias   /mailman/       $prefix/cgi-bin/
>Exec          /mailman/*      $prefix/cgi-bin/*

You need to edit your httpd.conf file, and add these in the
appropriate places (you'll see where they go, I think - there are
other default ScriptAlias directives in the file). If you have
virtual hosts, these will need to go in the  VirtualHost sections
that are appropriate.

Michelle
--
Michelle Murrain