[Mailman-Users] Corrupted aliases.db?

Jose A. Accino jaccino at ieev.uma.es
Fri Jul 20 13:51:09 CEST 2001

I'm using Mailman 2.1a2 and Postfix. Creating a new list using
the new web interface seems to add the aliases to Mailman's
data/aliases (text file) but Postfix is unable to find them
and returns the posts with a "user unknown" error message.

Yes, I've edited both mm_cfg.py, to add MTA = 'Postfix', and
postfix/main.cf to add the path for Mailman's aliases.

I've been also trying to make a dump of mailman/data/aliases.db
file, but I always get the error shown below. Any help? (other
that adding manually the aliases to Postfix aliases file?)

TIA,
JA.

/usr/local/mailman# bin/dumpdb data/aliases.db
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/dumpdb", line 116, in ?
    main()
  File "bin/dumpdb", line 105, in main
    d = Switchboard(os.path.split(filename)[0])._ext_read(filename)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Switchboard.py", line 218, in
_ext_read
    dict = marshal.load(fp)
ValueError: bad marshal data