[Mailman-Users] Runaway Messages

Jim Herrmann b3d at kc.rr.com
Sat Jul 28 22:59:03 CEST 2001

I have an intermittent problem, it's happened twice now, of a message,
the same message, being sent over and over again.  It's not a bounce,
it's exactly the same message being sent, with the same time stamp and
header and everything.  Actually there is a difference in the header of
when the message was sent from mailman, but that's the only difference.
There is nothing insidious about the message, and the two times it has
happened, different senders, and different lists were involved.  To get
it to stop, I had to delete the list completely.  I tried unsubscribing
the sender, requiring admin approval for all posts, unsubscribing
everyone on the list, but the message kept coming.  Once every minute.
When I deleted the list entirely, the messages stopped.  Then I could
add the same list back, and re-subscribe everyone, and everything is
cool, but by then I've lost my archives.  I should also add that this is
a hosted site, so I don't have full control over Mailman.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
Jim