[Mailman-Users] A good MTA program?

alex wetmore alex at phred.org
Fri Jun 1 15:15:31 CEST 2001

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Mike T. Gholson wrote:
> It doesn't look like sendmail is the greatest MTA for
> use with Mailman.  What is a good MTA that seems to work
> well with Mailman?

I've had good luck with Sendmail (when my lists were smaller),
Postfix, and now I'm using the Windows 2000 SMTP Service.  One of the
big advantages to the Windows 2000 SMTP Service over Sendmail,
Postfix, or most other Unix-based MTAs is that it can be processing
and sending a single message to many domains at a single time.  This
allows me to set my batching numbers much higher, and reduces
bandwidth utilization on my connection.

Postfix is my favorite Unix MTA, primarily for the concise and helpful
documentation, ease of setup, and good performance.

alex