[Mailman-Users] Message threading

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 16:22:28 CEST 2001

[Subject fixed]

On 01 Jun 2001 09:26:21 -0400, Clayton, Robert wrote:
> I have been seeing that my mail threads are not consistently working.
> Can someone tell me what mailMan uses to qualify a mail thread?
> Some mail works some are treated as new mail even though they should be threaded.

Thats not a mailman issue.  Threading is controlled by your MUA (mail
client).  Mailman neither generates, removes or modifies the headers
that are used to thread a group of messages (which are References: and
In-Reply-To:)

    Nigel.

[ ----- Security is not an add-on -- security is a way of life ----- ]