[Mailman-Users] header management?

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Wed Jun 6 20:22:32 CEST 2001

    CVR> On Wednesday, June 6, 2001, at 10:58 AM, Tim Tyler wrote:

    >> mailman experts, I just received a request from an owner of a
    >> list on how to limit many of the headers that are received by
    >> the end user.  While some headers are probably necessary, many
    >> are not.

    CVR> This is all over the archives. Barry, has this ever been
    CVR> added to the FAQ, so we can simply point to it and not
    CVR> restart this argument again?

Here's what the FAQ says (in CVS, but not yet pushed out to the

Q. My list members are complaining about Mailman's List-* headers!
   What can I do about this?

A. These headers are added by Mailman for the long-term benefit of
   end-users.  Mailman is compliant with RFC 2369, which is where
   these headers are defined.  See the file README.USERAGENT for hints
   on what to tell your end users.