[Mailman-Users] Re: MIME messages

Joaquim Homrighausen joho at webbplatsen.se
Wed Jun 6 23:02:39 CEST 2001

 * On Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:15:06 -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

 >Could someone write up a quick list of requirements for demimeing that
 >they'd like to see encorporated directly into Mailman 2.1?

I tend to agree with many of the other suggestions/responses to your
question. My primary functionality requirements are probably very
basic, but those I can think of right now are:

1) Being able to handle MIME:d messages when parsing requests.

2) Being able to handle MIME:d messages written to the list with
a number of options such as HTML->Text conversion, bouncing messages
with no plain/text part, etc.

3) Being able to extract/strip attachments.

All apart from the first one should, of course, be optional.

Alas, if we could prevent people from using such silly UA:s that
insist on doing the stupid things they do, things would be fine.
But having my fair share of interaction with users as a software
developer, I know Toto has left Kansas a long time ago.

My two cents.

%JoHo%