[Mailman-Users] From address on subscribe

Galbraith, Randy Randy.Galbraith at pegs.com
Mon Jun 11 18:49:44 CEST 2001

Enriko,

After going through the Python modules step-by-step I confirmed your
response was absolutely correct.  Nonetheless my problem remained.  The
source of the problem?  It turns out our sys admin folks look for stuff like
this, and automatically remove the host name portion.  They then run an
alias file that redirects traffic to the correct host on the inbound side.
This setup of course hides host names from the outside world and in the
process allows us to move services from one host to the other without
impacting clients using those services.

The lesson learned: Don't automatically blame the new software -- it may be
a system config issue.  Thanks again for your reply.

-Randy Galbraith