[Mailman-Users] Downloading MailMan

Amanda arandall at auntminnie.com
Wed Jun 13 22:40:17 CEST 2001

Hi Lars,

Looks like you're using Outlook Express, which is a Windows thing...
which may or may not be relevant, but leads me to the first possible
question: do you have Unix, Linux, BSD, Mac OS X, or some variant
thereof installed wherever you're trying to install Mailman? If not,
you will probably have some difficulty getting it to work... (I mean
no insult by this question, just starting with the lowest common
denominator, as I have no idea what your technical expertise is...)

If you are running something Unixlike, then yeah, the instructions are
available at
http://list.org/download.html
at the bottom of the page. :-)
If that's not helpful enough, one of the folks here would probably be
kind enough to walk you through it ... but you might first find it
useful to pick up a coupla good books on the OS you'll be using, to
get familiar with file management and other cornerstone OS stuff,
before getting started with installing Mailman. (It will save you a
big headache in the long run...)

=)
Amanda