[Mailman-Users] Allowing users to join without specifying pas swords

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Fri Jun 15 21:29:22 CEST 2001

On Friday, June 15, 2001, at 12:24 PM, J C Lawrence wrote:

>> ... it has to be in every message.
>
> Really?

If it's not in the message the user is looking at when they make the
decision to unsubscribe, it's not very useful, any more than the
"monthly posting with unsubscribe information in it" is once the user
deletes it. Which he will, probably before reading it.m

Again, you're making it easier for the server by forcing the user to do
something illogical (to them). How do you explain to the user that unsub
details only show up every 10th message, and why should he care? how
does this improve the user experience?

95% of being a net.god is sounding persuasive
and convincing people you know what you're talking about, even when
you're
making it up as you go along. (chuq von rospach, 1992)