[Mailman-Users] Want to solve the GID trouble with Postfix

Park Joon Hyun cyberG at igroupnet.co.kr
Fri Jun 22 05:57:56 CEST 2001

Hi there,

I'm trying to get Mailman running on a RH7.1 system.
And MTA is Postfix instead of Sendmail. I got rid of Sendmail.

When I configure the Mailman, I used the following options:
./configure --with-mail-gid=75 --with-cgi-gid=99

That was configured GIDs of my linux box are as follows,

Postfix GID = 75
nobody GID = 99
Mailman GID = 501

After configured Mailman and created new list of 'test3', I sent an
email to the list. And I got the following error message back:

<test3 at yadong.pe.kr>: Command died with status 2: "/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post
    test3". Command output: Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 75, GOT gid 99.
    (Reconfigure to take 99?)

What's wrong? Do u have any idea?

Thanks in advance,
phyllis