[Mailman-Users] A short question

Black Dwarf dwarf at xplato.net
Tue Jun 19 13:29:35 CEST 2001

Hi there, I was wondering whether you can help me with a simple problem. I
am using your Mailman list manager to provide my site with a mailing list.
Some time ago I came upon the idea to make a script to archive the messages
that were sent to the list. After doing some research I stumbled upon the
pipermail script you provide with Mailman. However, it did't do exactly
what I wanted (I have some weird stuff I have to do with the message).

I have some passing familiarity with Python, but not enough to make
pipermail work. So the question is simple: what mechanism does Mailman use
to "give" message(s) to pipermail?? Does it pipe them through STDIN or by
some other means??

I would be very grateful if you could help me on this, 'cause I'm buffled.
Guess its time to start learning Python... :))

Black Dwarf