[Mailman-Users] mail loops: list-request and vacation messages

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Tue Jun 26 05:25:37 CEST 2001

On Monday, June 25, 2001, at 08:21 PM, Bob Puff at NLE wrote:

> Relatively easy.  Set a limit on how many messages a user can post in
> say a 10 minute period.  Make it user editable.  If you get >8, you've
> got a loop!

that slows it down, but doesn't catch any but the worst loops. It's just
as typical to see these things in a 30 minute turnaround as a 3 minute.
Or 2 hours.  You can reduce the worst of the damage, but these hacks
don't really fix it.

95% of being a net.god is sounding persuasive
and convincing people you know what you're talking about, even when
you're
making it up as you go along. (chuq von rospach, 1992)