[Mailman-Users] Re: Mailman & Sendmail problems

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Fri Jun 29 07:01:37 CEST 2001

On Thursday, June 28, 2001, at 09:53 PM, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     AP> Now the question is - the posts/subscribes are being processed
>     AP> only every minute, not often.  So if the message comes at
>     AP> 01:01, it'll be visible only at 02:00.

> In MM2.0.x, there is a cron-initiated qrunner process that wakes up
> every minute

I dunno if this is a typo on Alex's part, but what he said was if it
comes in at 1:01, it isn't processed until 2:00.

That implies his qrunner is running hourly instead of every minute. Is
that what you meant, Alex? If so, then your cron file's been modified
and needs to be fixed, since it ought to run every minute. In reality,
unless mailman is busy processing something else, something that comes
in at 1:01 should be processed at 1:02, not 2:00.

Now, if you're really saying waiting as long as one whole minute (grin)
is too long, then I'd suggest you cut out the caffeine, not fix
Mailman...

Always look away from the obvious answers, because if you don't find
a better one, you can always go back to them on short notice.