[Mailman-Users] Nothing happens !

Firas R. alragom at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 09:16:30 CEST 2001

Hi everyone,

This is my first attempt at setting up a mailing list manager, so I
downloaded mailman-2.0.5-1.i386.rpm  off of rpmfind.net and followed these
instructions that were posted there :

* run /usr/lib/mailman/bin/mmsitepass  to create the mailman administrator
password

* edit /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py  to customize mailman's
configuration for your site

* set "DAEMON=yes" in /etc/sysconfig/sendmail to  configure sendmail, and
add

* add these lines:
  ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
  Alias /pipermail/ /var/mailman/archives/public/
  <Directory /var/mailman/archives>
    Options +FollowSymlinks
  </Directory>

  to /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf to configure your web server.

I then added  crontab.in 's contents to mailman's crontab
and added these aliases to /etc/aliases :

mailman: myemail at myemail.com
mailman-owner: mailman

and ran 'newaliases'

Then I created the site password using  'mmsitepass'  and created a new list
'test' using 'newlist', entered the proper info
Then I added these aliases to /etc/aliases  :

test:                         "/usr/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post test"
test-admin:              "/usr/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner test"
test-request:            "/usr/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"
test-owner:              test-admin

So after doing all of that , nothing happens ! I don't get an e-mail, and
the only clue I've found is the following error from ( /var/mailman/post ):

Jun 30 02:56:52 2001 (11522) post to test from mailman-owner at ourserver.com,
size=1329, 1 failures

I checked the log files, cron is running everything set for mailman without
any errors
But strange enough, there isn't anything in maillog  for mailman ?!

PLEASE HELP !!

We're running  RedHat 6.1  kernel 2.2.16-3   sendmail-8.9.3-15

Thanks in advance,
Firas