[Mailman-Users] permissions on 'error' log file?

J.D. Bronson lists at xpec.com
Sat Jun 30 15:24:49 CEST 2001

Bug in Mailman version 2.0.5
We're sorry, we hit a bug!

Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of
traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited, but
the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs.

When trying to go to the 'admin' page to view the lists..... I get the above!

...I ran check_perms as 'mailman' and did the -f too.....I still get the
above message!

Mailman runs as mailmain:mailman and the webserver as nobody:nobody...

I fixed this by overwriting the following preset permissions:

chgrp nobody /home/mailman/logs/error
chmod 664 /home/mailman/logs/error

..it seems the default permissions do not allow 'something' to write to the
error log, even though there is no error!

I am seeking a more appropriate fix for this or an explanation as to why I
had to do this?  -> check_perms I would have thought would fix this quite well.

Ideas?

--
J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care