[Mailman-Users] ANNOUNCE Mailman 2.0.3

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Mon Mar 12 23:29:06 CET 2001

I'm sorry folks.  As some of you are aware, a small but nasty typo
snuck its way into the Mailman 2.0.2 release, necessitating a bug fix
patch.  Thus I've just uploaded Mailman 2.0.3 to SourceForge.  I
highly recommend that you upgrade to this version.

As usual I'm releasing this as both a complete tarball and as a patch
against Mailman 2.0.2.  You /must/ update your source to 2.0.2 before
applying the 2.0.3 patch.  Since the patch is small, I'm including it
in this message.  To apply, cd into your 2.0.2 source tree and apply
it like so:

    % patch -p0 < mailman-2.0.2-2.0.3.diff

Currently both http://mailman.sourceforge.net and http://www.list.org
are updated, and I expect the gnu.org site to be updated soon as
well.  The release information on SF is at

    http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=27001

-Barry

P.S. It was nice to meet so many Mailman fans at IPC9!  It was also
quite cool to finally meet Thomas Wouters.  Don't worry Thomas, I
won't hold this one against ya. :)

[From the NEWS file]

2.0.3 (12-Mar-2001)

    Bug fix release.  There was a small typo in 2.0.2 in ListAdmin.py
    for approving an already subscribed member (thanks Thomas!).
    Also, an update to the OpenWall security workaround
    (contrib/securelinux_fix.py) was included.  Thanks to Marc Merlin.