[Mailman-Users] Archive search solution

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Tue Mar 20 05:55:56 CET 2001

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 13:21:24 -0800
Ron Rosson <insane at oneinsane.net> wrote:

> I am an administrator for a USER group and we are come close to
> the amount of volume on our list that a good search facility would
> be nice to attatch to mailman. Anyone have a good howto and
> recommendation on what software to use.

I like and use a rather old version of UdmSearch under MHonArc:

  http://www.kanga.nu/search/
  http://www.kanga.nu/archives/

UdmSearch has added mucho features since I froze the installation,
and is now called mnoGoSearch:

  http://search.mnogo.ru/

If you want to continue using the Mailman based archiving, I think D
Mick (?) had patches to integrate a search engine into the Pipermail
archives.

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu