[Mailman-Users] new mailman user

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Fri Mar 23 23:36:49 CET 2001

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:57:16 -0600 (CST), <jeffr at odeon.net> wrote:

>Heya folks,
>
>I've been working on setting up a test box as I'm hoping to migrate from a
>sendmail/majordomo/uw-imap sytem to a postfix/mailman/cyrus-imap system.
>
>I've got postfix installed and using cyrus-imap for local delivery.  It
>appears to be working correctly (I can send and receive e-mail both local
>to the test server and from other boxes on the internet).

You need to tell postfix to use /etc/aliases file for forwarding
messages and then put the lines that mailman tells you when it creates
the list into the /etc/aliases file and run newaliases.

It took me ages to realise, because the documentation doesn't tell
you, that mail never gets delivered to cyrus-imap.  The lines in the
aliases file pipes the mail into a wrapper program

Alan

alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
http://www.chandler.u-net.com
http://www.chandler.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk