[Mailman-Users] loading old messages into MailMan?

James.Madill at duke.edu James.Madill at duke.edu
Mon Mar 26 16:05:19 CEST 2001

I had to do this for about 150 of the lists I have when I moved from
Listserv to Mailman.  What I had to do was to write a script that would
create the header line at the beginning of every mailman archived message.
 It is in the format:

        From foo at bar.com  Mon Mar  5 16:26:12 2001

Once that was done, I was able to run mailman/bin/arch to generate the
webified archives for each list.  (a note.  running mailman/bin/arch does
not remove old archive information, so you will end up duplicating the
individual messages (though they are not indexed (accessible) via the web
pages).  If you don't remove the old webified archive messages first, you
can use up considerable space on your drive.

-- James

    o      _____            |James Madill         | |Duke Univ Med Ctr|
 >.][__n_n_| D[  ====|____  |james.madill at duke.edu| | (919) 286-6384  |
 _/oo  O-O-O  `  oo     oo  'o^o^o           o^o^o` 'o^o           o^o`
<http://www.duke.edu/~madil001/>

Tom Perrine <tep at SDSC.EDU>
Sent by: mailman-users-admin at python.org
03/23/01 16:30