[Mailman-Users] Personal Trainer

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Sat Mar 31 02:54:42 CEST 2001

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 19:24:30 -0500
reb  <Phydeaux> wrote:

> At 03:29 PM 3/30/2001 -0800, J C Lawrence wrote:
>> Without questioning the boundaries of topic or religion on this
>> one, there's also the argument that allowing spammers to control
>> and alter our behaviour, and thereby granting them that power and
>> influence over us is fundamentally WRONG and that doing so is
>> tantamount to kowtowing to terrorists.

> I think putting bombs on airplanes is WRONG! Allowing terrorists
> to make us scared and control and alter our behaviour, thereby
> granting them power and influence over us is fundamentally WRONG!

Agreed.

> So, we should ignore them and ban all airport security systems
> because that's just part of caving in to the terrorists'
> demands...

Being cognizant of one's environment is one thing; thus awareness of
terrorist situations and methods of control for them is not an
unreasonable action.  Allowing terrorist threat to modify an
otherwise desirable and reasonable action is another.  Not looking
both ways when crossing the street is simply silly.  Not crossing
the street because the possiblity exists that one may be struck by a
vehicle is also silly.

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu