Fw: Re: [Mailman-Users] Setting up

Ben Burnett benwa at ocentrix.net
Fri May 4 20:41:02 CEST 2001

Hey Moderators,

I posted this message below from a Joydesk MUA installation
that makes my sending address benwa(AT)ocentrix.net.  This
address IS NOT subscribed to this list.  Joydesk doesn't
allow me to change this.  It does allow me to set my
Reply-To address to benwa(AT)ocentrix.com which IS
subscribed.  After I posted this message I got an email
saying that my post was being held for approval (I expected
this).  However I did not expect to get the following
message today.

--start--
Your request to the Mailman-Users mailing list

    Posting of your message titled "Re: [Mailman-Users]
Setting up"

has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave
the
following reason for rejecting your request:

"Non-members are not allowed to post messages to this list."

Any questions or comments should be directed to the list
administrator
at:

    mailman-users-admin at python.org
--end--

I don't like the spam that this list has been getting and
I'm glad that member posting only is enabled. However, I
still think that it is the duty of moderators to review the
posts that are held for approval.  The message I posted was
obviously a reply to an earlier post and definitely had to
do with Mailman.  Perhaps Mailman should have a way of
flagging held posts that have a Reply-To address that IS
subscribed.  I'd be willing to contribute what little coding
ability I have to something like that if others think it
could be usefull.

In the meantime I have subscribed my sending address and set
it to no mail. Damn Spamn!

- Ben