[Mailman-Users] My old mailing list is not working after installation on a new distro.

Marc MERLIN marc_news at valinux.com
Fri May 4 16:25:27 CEST 2001

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 05:09:45PM -0400, Daniel Einspanjer wrote:
> Fortunately, it  is no longer the  standard hard link problem.  :)  I read
> the FAQ and the README.LINUX and ran the secure_linux fix.  One thing that
> took me  a bit to figure  out is that you  have to run that  script with a
> -f.  If you  don't, it outputs  some information, but it  doesn't actually
> output a  usage line telling you  it didn't run properly.  When  it didn't
> fix  my  problem,  I went  looking  in  the  file  and discovered  the  -f
> requirement. :)

Didn't you get this?
chef:/var/local/mailman/bin$ ./securelinux_fix.py
Fixes for running Mailman under the `secure-linux' patch.

(...)

If you have to run check_perms -f, make sure to also run securelinux_fix.py
-f, which applies the necessary permission fixes.

Is it the word wrap in the wrong place that caused you to miss it?

As  for  move_list  hanging,  yes,   since  you  used  mailman  without  the
securelinux_fix a  few times,  it failed to  completely create  symlinks and
ended up failing in the middle, leaving a half made link behind it.

Marc