[Mailman-Users] mailman config

Dan Wilder dan at ssc.com
Fri May 11 17:15:34 CEST 2001

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 09:55:41AM +0000, Jack Mendez wrote:
> hey there.
> i am considering using mail man as my list processor.
> however, i have a configuration issue which is probably
> unique.
> my mal and web servers are on two different machines.
> how can i use mail man while still have the mail server and web server on two different machine and still have the web configuration tools available?
> thank

Let me know what solution you find to this.

I'm in the same situation.  Our list server is inside the
firewall, the web servers are clear across the country.

One option is to poke a hole through the firewall into a
web server running on the mailing list machine, then proxy
the mailman pages via the official web server.  Another might be
synchronize the subscriber list via a cron job.  I've not investigated
the alternatives as to how that might be done.

 Dan Wilder <dan at ssc.com>   Technical Manager & Editor
 SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549   Phone:  206-782-8808
 Seattle, WA  98155-0549    URL http://embedded.linuxjournal.com/