[Mailman-Users] demime/stripmime

alex wetmore alex at phred.org
Wed May 16 03:09:16 CEST 2001

On Tue, 15 May 2001, Paul Schreiber wrote:
> is anyone here using demime/stripmime? I have mailman 2.0.4 and sendmail
> 8.11.x.

I'm using stripmime (not surprising since I wrote it).  I've used it
with sendmail 8.9, but now use it with postfix.

> what works well and what doesn't, and is there a way to set it up w/o
> modifying all of /etc/aliases?

I have no experience with demime, but stripmime works well for me.
I don't know of a way to install it without modifying /etc/aliases.
That modification only takes a couple of minutes.

There are patches in the CVS tree for mailman to do the same thing
as stripmime and demime.  I'm not sure when these will be available
in a general release.

alex