[Mailman-Users] List Stats

alex wetmore alex at phred.org
Wed May 16 23:33:48 CEST 2001

On Wed, 16 May 2001, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>     Has anyone come up with a way to count the amount of
> incoming/outgoing msgs on a per-list basis?  I have several lists hosted
> under a domain, and I'd like to be able to tell each administrator how
> many messages they've received and sent out.  Looking at the logs, it
> applies to the whole domain, not each list.  The same applies if I were
> to look at the MTA's 'mailstats' command.

You can easily grep the logs for a specific list.  Some examples:

[phred:p5] ~mailman/logs % grep "^May 10.*post to touring" post | wc -l
      89
[phred:p5] ~mailman/logs % grep "^May 10.*post to internet-bob" post | wc -l
      35
[phred:p5] ~mailman/logs % grep "^May 10.*post to framebuilders" post | wc -l
       6

alex