[Mailman-Users] make install error

Barry A. Warsaw barry at digicool.com
Mon May 28 18:32:41 CEST 2001

>>>>> "v" == venkateswaran  <gv_indian at yahoo.com> writes:

    v> Still I am in trouble. I have not commented out the line shared
    v> in Setup. It compiled as a static and could see shamodule.o in
    v> Modules directory. I did not get any errors while
    v> installing. run make test, lists the modules with "test_sha"
    v> without any comments. Still I am getting the same error sha
    v> module import error. I too tried to install python2.1 also and
    v> failed to figure it out.

    v> I do not know what should be the next step.

I can't imagine what your problem is.  Are you sure that Mailman is
using the exact same executable as you built and tested?  There isn't
another Python executable somewhere else on your path that it is
finding instead.  Try using Mailman's --with-python configure switch.

Python 2.1 should be as easy as just typing "configure ; make
install".  When all else fails try that.

Otherwise, I'm stumped.

-Barry