[Mailman-Users] AOL User Posts and =20 Problem

JC Dill mailman at vo.cnchost.com
Tue May 29 21:57:24 CEST 2001

On 12:18 PM 5/29/01, WeRBikers at aol.com wrote:
>When an AOL user ... versions 4,5, and 6 inclusive, posts to a pairList the
>immediate postings are delivered and appear normal to those users receiving
>in MIME or plain text formats. The digest formats are quite screwed up in
>that they show the AOL members' posts with =20 strings at the end of each
>line, then a repeat of the entire post with some HTML tags visible. I know
>AOL's email interpretation of HTML is half-assed at best, but this is not
>tolerable in its present form. These quirks hold true regardless of the
>setting for a given member receiving the Digest format in MIME or plain text.
>AOL users are not given the choice of sending plain text vs. HTML email. It
>sends in pseudo-HTML by default and this is unchangeable. The vast majority
>of subscribers to my particular list are AOL members, so this is quite a
>problem.

A quick search of this list's archives for the word "demime" finds:

<http://search.python.org/query.html?rq=0&col=lists&ht=0&qp=&qt=demime&qs=&qc=&pw=100%25&ws=0&la=&qm=0&st=1&nh=10&lk=1&rf=0&oq=&rq=0&si=1>

If you didn't know about "demime", you could search on "remove mime" and find

<http://search.python.org/query.html?col=lists&ht=0&qp=&qt=%22remove+mime%22&qs=&qc=&pw=100%25&ws=0&qm=0&st=1&nh=10&lk=1&rf=0&rq=0&si=1>

which has a post that references it.

This should get you started.

jc  (posted and emailed)