[Mailman-Users] Authentication

Oliver Egginger Oliver.Egginger at dvz.fh-giessen.de
Thu Nov 1 18:18:27 CET 2001

Mailman passwords implement a very mild level of
security.
We are using radius too and I never ever would pool it together
with a system which sends the passwords in cleartext and
e-mails through the network.

But if it is vital for you, you can override the mailman password
dead easy.
"Vania Lolham" have shown us one (a little bit useless) example.

1. Finger out how mailman-password are encrypted.
2. Write a script to synchronize the Radius and the mailman passwords.

- oliver

Nachricht vom Donnerstag 01 November 2001 15:28:
> Does anyone have any ideas about using RADIUS to override internal mailman
> password authentication for addresses inside the domain? We'd really like
> our users to be able to have single sign-on.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

Oliver Egginger
FH Giessen-Friedberg