[Mailman-Users] qrunner keeps locking cron

Greg Schnippel gschnippel at forumone.com
Fri Nov 2 00:00:46 CET 2001

I've been having a lot of trouble with mailman and
cron recently and I'm wondering if anyone else has
experienced this or has any ideas..?

We have several large lists on our server and they
have run without problem for a couple of years now.
However, recently it seems that qrunner is locking
up when it tries to process the queue and in the
process, it stalls the cron daemon as well.

The only thing we have been able to do is monitor
cron, detect when its not working, kill and restart
the cron process, and then manually run the mailman
qrunner program. Definitely not optimal.

There are no errors being reported in either the mailman
error logs or in the smtp logs.. ??

Anyone had any problems with qrunner or cron with
mailman?

Thanks,

Greg Schnippel